Wednesday, April 23, 2008

New oil, and I got burned!

so, i found a new oil at Stop & Shop. i was just looking for some olive oil, but guess what else i found?! i found sweet almond oil, flaxseed oil, and grapseed oil. in larger quantities and cheaper than at the health store. i always hear about getting cooking grade oils becasue than means they're truely chemical free. well, thses oils were for cooking! i'm happy about that find. but i also found this little doobie:

Photobucket

the top of the bottle says: Omega Plus. Extra Virgin Oils. its a blend of avocado oil, olive oil, and flaxseed oil. heres a quote from the back of the bottle:



"Olivado has created a natural balance of Essentail Fatty Acids. Omega 3, Omega 6, and Omega 9. Take Omerga 3,6,and 9 as nature intended with the powerful antioxidants: polyphenols, beta sitosterol, lutein, and vitamin E, found naturally in the Extra Virgin Cold Pressed Olive, Avocado and Flaxseed Oil

Take two teaspoons a day, or use with salads, vegetables,and smoothies..."



so i did a new oil blend with less water and more of this oil, grapeseed oil, a little more olive oil, veggie gylerin, and aloe vera. this blend is a little heavier than my other one. when i spray it on, it sits on my hair and i have to make sure to massage it into my locs. then i added the orange eo...

AND I BURNT MYSELF!!!!!!!!!! i got a little, teeny weeny smear on my knuckle. i didn't think anything of it. i've heard that you have to be careful with essential oils because they can burn your skin, but i didn't think that tiny little amount would hurt me. five minutes after i got that smear on my knuckle, it was hurting! and the skin was red and a little swollen. i've learned my lesson. next time, i'll wear gloves!!!

No comments: