Saturday, April 12, 2008

Homemade Spritz

Well, i'm trying to go all natural! really all natural. i've been careful about the shampoos, conditioners, and oils i use in my hair. i've been reading up a lot lately about homemade oil conditioning spritzes and i decided to try an make my own. so my sister and i went to the natural health store today and i racked up a bill of over $50! i got some vegetable glycerine, sweet almond oil, grapeseed oil, jojoba oil. i got a cherry almond shampoo and conditioner. i got a pepperment and an orange essential oil and an almond musk fragrance oil. as you can probably tell, almond is one of my favorite scents! then i went on over to my friendly neighborhood walgreens and got 2 8oz spray bottles. i already had pure aloe vera gel and olive oil at home. i did a post on lovinlocs to ask about ratios to use in my spritz, but i was too eager to use my new purchases. so i went ahead and just guess-tamated using some info i got from browsing around online. i didn't used exact measurements, but it was comething along these lines:

4oz water
2 oz blend of veggie glycerine and aloe vera gel
2oz blend of olive oil, jojoba oil, and sweet almond oil (more olive oil)
approx 15 drops of almond musk fragrance oil

Photobucket
from left to right: olive oil, veggie glycerine, sweet almond oil, jojoba oil, aloe vera, and in the front, almond musk fragrance oil.


i sorta squeezed the ingrediants into the spray bottle as i went. i shook it up real good and commenced to spraying my head! i grabbed a chunk of locks and sprayed along the shaft and squeezed as i went to really get the oil into the locs. it smelled heavenly! then i went back and did the tips. then i did my scalp. the mixture is really light, so my hair didn't feel heavy or oily at all! i found out that i have to keep on shaking the bottle as i go 'cause the oil and water keep on seperating, as can be expected. so i just got through with that about ten minutes ago. i'm gonna hit the bed and see how my hair feels tomorrow. i'm not sure if i should spray in the morning before i go about my business or at night before i go to bed. i might spray my hair a little more tomorrow before i go out. alright. off to bed i go!

No comments: