Monday, January 25, 2010

All Red!

so its been 2 months since i cut my hair and i'm loving it more and more. I've done a couple of new things with my hair since November. I went all red! that's right, from root to tip! before, with my red tips, i bleached my hair first to get it as close to white as possible so the red would really POP!!! but i left like 5 inches of black root for contrast. well this time, i didn't do any bleaching. the L'Oreal Hi-Lift i use already has a lifter in it. so i just ( i say "i" but really it was my sister. she's the one who usually colors my hair! LOL) used the color over my black hair. i didn't expect it to be SOOOOO red! i actually didn't like it at all! i didn't take too many pic with it all red. i though t i looked a bit freaky. but here are a couple of pics of my hair right after i colored it. one is right after the wash, and one is after i retwisted the front.

all red!

all red!

just for comparison, i'll put in a few pics og how my hair looked before i went all red

Photobucket

Photobucket

see the difference?!?! i was a bit much to take! but i just got my new NappyLoc tools and i just recently re-latched my hair, and i have some black roots! not too much, but enough to make me feel comfortable. isn't that funny. i actually WANT roots to show in my hair! LOL!! anywho, here is the last batch of pics. this was taken two days ago, so this is how my hair is looking now. i know i have a hood on, but you get the idea!

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

z said...

You make having red locks look so sexy! Love it!

Kumina said...

Girl, you know red is your color! Dang Lilly you gonna go and make me do the dye. I'm also tired of the dark roots. But my roots are dyed and I know it's going to be a struggle to lighten them. But I will! I think your locs are fab and honey, you working that eyeshadow! I used to have young eyes... (sniff, sniff)