Thursday, November 26, 2009

Tried Palmrolling the Front Again...

wow! its been awhile since i last wrote! i've been sooo busy. i was unemployed for about 4 months (i know i said i found a job in my July post, but that didn't end up working out :-/ but the good thing is this new job i found pays a dollar more! yay!)and i was job searching hard core while still going to school online full time. then i found a job and i started work in September but i had to take additional courses for my job in addition to my full time school and work! my plate was FULL!
but, a lot has been going on in my world in regards to my hair! i'll save the biggest news for my next post, but one big thing is i started palm rolling the front of my hair again. not all the time, just in between latchings. i'm trying not to latch the front as much because i don't want to cause stress on the delicate front hairline. i've never had problems with my hairline before, but i figured it was best to just go easy on it. i don't know why. probably cause i was hearing a lot of people talk about their hairlines recently and it got me thinking about mine. i did a YouTube vid on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc683k-qqY8

you have to go over to Youtube to see the vid, i don't allow embedding anymore, sorry! i was finding my vids posted all over the place! sometimes in places i wouldn't necessarily want them to be...

but then i remember why i hated doing that! a line of dirt in my hair where the loced part ended and the loose hair started! i was sooooo disgusted! i don't know why i get that! i use the tiniest amount of gel! you can see that in the video! and its clear gel! i don't understand it. unless its not the gel and its something else. i don't know! its not on all the locs, just like maybe less then ten. but its a very visible (to me) line if dirt. almost like when you were a kid and you wore a ponytail for too long and then when you took the rubber band out of your hair, there was that line of dirt where it was. i had to use a toothbrush and wet it and scrub the line out. i went back and forth and then up and down. by the time i was through, my hair was a frizzy, puffy mess! but the VISIBLE dirt line was gone. who knows whats going on inside the core of the loc where i can't see.
ugh! there's more i want to say about the palm rolling the front, but i don't want to give away my big surprise i'm gonna put it in a separate post! so i think i'll just end this one here. i know it doesn't really make any difference since the newest post will show up before this post, but humor me, okay! LOL

No comments: